History & Innovations
nanoplus Nanosystems and Technologies GmbH, Germany, is an ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001:2004 certified supplier of semiconductor devices and one of the leading manufacturers of lasers for gas sensing applications.
The success of nanoplus is based on a unique and patented concept for the fabrication of DFB laser sources.
nanoplus is a SME and was founded in 1998 as a spin off from Würzburg University. The following overview quickly outlines the history of nanoplus:
February 1999 - Foundation of nanoplus Nanosystems and Technologies GmbH
- Starting point: license agreement for laterally coupled DFB lasers
- Since then: continuous upgrade in equipment and products
September 2001 – Start of device production at production facility in Gerbrunn
- First 250 m2 clean room facility established including complete process line for laser fabrication and corresponding device characterization
January 2009 – New production facility in Meiningen
- Processing site for expanded capacity
January 2014 – Second clean room facilities in Meiningen completed
- Equipped for high volume production
January 2017 – nanoplus opens US subsidiary in Boulder, Colorado
nanoplus America, Inc.
- Offers all high-precision lasers and OEM modules of nanoplus
- Provides technological advice, sales assistance and after sales service
- Includes small scale production and characterization laboratory
nanoplus today - One of the leading manufacturers of laser sources for gas sensing
Within less than 15 years nanoplus has become the worldwide no. 1 for DFB laser sources in the gas sensing business. We are the key supplier for the top equipment manufacturers in the gas sensing industry.
Highlights & Innovations
Some highlights of our work are summarized below. In 2012, one of our lasers landed on Mars with the Mars Science Laboratory of NASA's Curiosity Mars rover. This laser allows isotopic measurements of water and carbon dioxide to help answer the big question: to what extend was (or is?) Mars a suitable environment for life.
Being at the forefront of developing laser technology, nanoplus is proud to have introduced the following worldwide firsts:
Compact collimation module and point gas sensor module for OEM applications